Tuesday 20 January 2015

chú thích 20: (7) S. Daniel, XXXV, Care-charmer Sleep...


S. Daniel
XXXV. "Care-charmer Sleep, son of the sable Night"

CARE-CHARMER Sleep, son of the sable Night,   
Brother to Death, in silent darkness born,   
Relieve my languish, and restore the light;   
With dark forgetting of my care return. 


And let the day be time enough to mourn            
The shipwreck of my ill-adventured youth;   
Let waking eyes suffice to wail their scorn,   
Without the torment of the night's untruth. 


Cease, dreams, the images of day-desires,   
To model forth the passions of the morrow;     
Never let rising Sun approve you liars,   
To add more grief to aggravate my sorrow:   

Still let me sleep, embracing clouds in vain,   
And never wake to feel the day's disdain.   


http://www.bartleby.com/106/35.html

No comments:

Post a Comment